Thursday 4 August 2011

BACK TO REALITY

I left Kirtomy at 7am on a perfect summer morning,the first for ten days,ironic or what?as I got to the top a merlin swooped overhead chasing a meadow pipit,more irony.The journey south towards Inverness on deserted minor roads was a real pleasure,I hadn`t planned to stop but the scenery and light was irresistible
A WEE KIRK AT ACHANLOCHY CLEARANCE VILLAGE.

LOCH NAVER ON A PERFECT MORNING

REFLECTION OF BEN KLIBRECK.

Enough,onwards and downwards, Inverness, Perth, over the doomed Forth Road Bridge,Edingburgh and back to North Berwick where the boat had been well and truly missed over three weeks before,no mistake this time.At 2.30 the SULA II set sail for the Bass Rock.

THE SULA II
CAPTAIN BIRDS EYE AND MISS SCOTLAND

APPROACHING THE ROCK

GANNETS GALORE

NOTE THE FAT DOWNY CHICKS
SOME OF THE 120 000 PAIRS ON THE ROCK

MORE FAT CHICKS

A QUIETER SIDE

AROUND THE RUGGED ROCK

WE HAVE LIFT OFF

WHEELING AROUND

PUFFIN FLYING ON WHIRRING WINGS

PUFFIN AFLOAT

A FINAL SHAG

ISN`T THIS WHERE WE CAME IN?
An hour later I was over the border and heading for Newcastle but I think I`LL BE BACK!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment