Friday 22 June 2012

BM BM BM BM S HOE BLUE

I know I know another crappy pun title for the older reader,its not easy you know.After last nights outing it was back to volunteer duties at 7am,not like some I could mention.
On the first walk round there were common and adonis blues warming up on a bank at the Dover end of the Hoe.
COMMON BLUE on WILD CARROT
ADONIS BLUE male &female

ADONIS BLUE
The day became warmer and the butterfly transect revealed a painted lady,several large skippers,common blues, small heaths and another adonis,also blue tailed damsels,black tailed skimmer,emperor dragonfly and 100s of common blue damsels.
LARGE SKIPPER

BLUE TAILED DAMSEL- mature male.

BLUE TAILED DAMSEL female (rufescens form) it is eating a fly of some sort.
BLACK TAILED SKIMMER

ROSE CHAFERS having a wild time on a wild carrot.

The ADONIS BLUE pair had now warmed up sufficiently to get pretty damn hot in fact.

Before leaving thought I would check on the small blues at the top of the site,there were still half a dozen flying at various stages of maturity.

SMALL BLUE worn

fairly fresh

SMALL BLUE fresh
While looking at these little blue butterflies I missed the bird of the day, as an osprey had flown over while I was in the tunnel but hey ho you win some and lose some and at the end of the day life goes on.
I should now say tomorrow is another day but I won`t cos thats really cheesy so we`ll leave it there.

No comments:

Post a Comment