Tuesday 2 July 2013

A FEW DAYS UP IN T` NORTH

 Wednesday morning at 5 o`clock as the day begins, I was leaving home, to visit my son in Newcastle.It was my intention to divert to Strumpshaw Fen to see the swallowtails,but it was overcast on the M11 so that plan was aborted and I headed for Bempton Cliffs instead.It was already crowded with people, like most RSPB flagship reserves these days,I blame" springwatch",and it was a bit of a scrum to get on the viewing platforms,but managed a few shots in the end.
 PUFFINS
 RAZORBILL
There now follows a sequence of GANNET pictures,it was pleasing to see so many breeding birds at this mainland site.















 GUILLEMOT there was some evidence of breeding success with a few chicks being fed.

TREE SPARROWS.There were plenty of these nesting around the site too
Time to head north by Scarborough,Whitby, Middlesborough and Bishop Middleham a venue for northern brown argus but typically in this dreary summer the watery sun was eclipsed by cloud as I arrived so they did not show.I eventually arrived at my sons local pub where we had a couple of well earned pints.More to come very soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment