Wednesday 20 November 2013

SAMPHIRE HOE DIVERSITY

Got to the Hoe at first light with the moon still shining and the sun stirring in the east.

Began my walk around checking the sheep and cattle as I went, as the first rays of the sun broke over the channel a stonechat took up a prominent perch and posed relishing the relative warmth.
STONECHAT

 The next thing to catch my eye was this very large,very ugly COSCO container ship moving down channel
"COSCO FRANCE" 
As one of my duties is to check the life belts I walk close to the top of the sea wall and a late moth was found also enjoying the suns warmth .
ANGLE SHADES MOTH
At the Dover end there was no sign of the black redstarts today but a kestrel was resting on the rocks there.
KESTREL
The highlight of the day undoubtedly though was when a Great northern Diver appeared off the wall,the tide was running strongly and took the bird rapidly towards Dover ,it eventually took off and flew east and was lost to my view,hopefully it may hang around the harbour for a while?
GREAT NORTHERN DIVER
Finally another container ship with France showing clearly behind-no its not the Isle of Wight.
"CMA CGM ANDROMEDA" 

No comments:

Post a Comment